Pages

Apr 23, 2014

Welcome to the Lab!

This is my lab notebook, because apparently the only way I can motivate myself to document the projects I'm working on is to share them with the internet. Sure I've got folders on my computer filled with PDFs, datasheets and design documents but it's all rather drab if the only one who looks in on what I'm doing are my roommates and the cat. Thus, this blog!


This is my primary workbench, it's where I research, browse the internet, and store most of the equipment and tools I use on a regular basis. There's another brace for a second floating screen in my closet for when I get around to adding a desktop computer where that box is and reclaiming the bench space currently taken up by my laptop. It's a mess but I know where just about everything is.


This is my secondary workbench. Right now it's where my prototyping and soldering happen. I've got my finely tuned 3D printer to crank out plastic parts for projects, a Rigol DS1102E for examining waveforms, and a few tools and wires scattered around. It's sparse, but I have enough stuff now to go from concept to robot in short order if I put my mind to it. This blog should help speed the process along too.

Right now I have enough space for the equipment I own and a nice rolling office chair to swing between my two benches. But, this blog isn't about my lab/bedroom per say, I just wanted you to see where I do stuff. Next update will be an overview of project EDGAR(Engineered Dual Gear Auto Recharger). My first, rather ambitious, robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment